35th International Workshop on Statistical Modelling (IWSM 2020)
Bilbao, 19-24 July, 2020
The IWSM 2020 organizers and the SMS Executive Committee have agreed that, due to the global SARS-CoV-2 pandemic and the travel restrictions being imposed by countries all over the world, the workshop should be cancelled.
The workshop will consist of the Keynote speakers, Scientific Course and last year's students oral and poster presentations.
All oral and poster student participants will be contacted by e-mail. For further information please contact email@example.com
The IWSM is one of the major activities of the Statistical Modelling Society, founded with the purpose of promoting and encouraging statistical modelling in its widest sense, involving both academic and professional statisticians and data analysts. Since its first edition, the spirit of the workshop has always been to focus on problems motivated by real life data and on solutions that make novel contributions to the subject.
The atmosphere of the workshops is friendly and supportive, with no parallel sessions, with the aim of stimulating the exchange of ideas and experiences related to statistical modelling. As a sign of positive feedback the IWSMs report many returning participants.
Papers focusing on applications with important substantive implications as well as methodological issues are welcome. Submissions by students and young researchers are particularly encouraged.
- Maria Durban (Professor of Statistics. University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain).
- Montserrat Fuentes (Provost, Professor of Statistics, Actuarial Science and Biostatistics. University of Iowa, USA).
- Yudi Pawitan (Professor of Biostatistics. Karolinska Institutet, Sweden).
- Virginie Rondeau (Directeur de Recherche, INSERM Bordeaux, France).
- Stijn Vansteelandt (Professor of Statistics. Ghent University, Belgium).
- Submission begins: December 1, 2019.
- Deadline call for oral presentation abstracts: February 15, 2020. Extended to February 22, 2020.
- Deadline call for poster presentation abstracts: April 1, 2020.
- Deadline for students travel grant application: February 15, 2020. Extended to February 22, 2020.
- Notification of acceptance (oral presentations): April 10, 2020.
- Notification of acceptance (poster presentations): April 25, 2020.
- Deadline final manuscript submission: April 30, 2020.
- Registration opens: December 1, 2019.
- Early registration: until April 30, 2020.
- Late registration: until June 30, 2020
- Short course: July 19, 2020.
- Conference: July 20-24, 2020